Where is Home?

Of course I'm talking about the student here who has chosen to live at another location for university. See people often say phrases like 'Home is where you heart is" etc. In other words if it feels like home, it is home. I'm guessing this is actually quite a common problem among students that travel between two living sets of living arrangements. Those with your parents, friends at home etc and those with your flatmates and friends at uni. Soon after going to uni, it may be common to call both home.
The problem comes is when your in one and miss the other. When I'm in Birmingham and can't sleep due to my flatmates talking loudly (my bedroom being next to the living room, lucky me) or I can't sleep because my bed isn't comfortable, I have work to worry about or, for no reason at all as far as I'm concerned, I just can't sleep and missing my boyfriend. So I wish i was at home (I used to sleep better at home).
However when I am at home which I also can't sleep now, again for some unknown reason. And I'm in an environment where I am not surrounded by people who are inconsiderate. I have less friends near my parents house not counting my boyfriend and I start to miss the friends in Birmingham and the different style of lifestyle. So the question arises now, where is home? My 'heart' is certainly not in either of these places as much as it is in these places.
For me, the most comforting thing to do is be a guest. Around my boyfriend's parent's house I do not feel like I need to belong as if it was my own home as it is not my home. I cant relax and accept that I am a guest and then I can accept this temporary arrangement. For my real question though I have no answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a student currently at the University of Birmingham, my home town being Luton of which I still visit alot even though I'm at uni. As far as really about me, I'm quite outspoken and will always give you my honest opinion however this usually ends up with me putting my foot in my mouth. Honestly... if you find me mean I don't mean to be, I'm a softy really :P