Rudeness (My drug)

Hello Blog. I know since I've started you a long long time ago I neglected you. Well not this time, I'm determined to keep going. Anyways to get to the point...
Rudeness. I would never move if someone sat next to me on a train or a bus. No matter how much luggage they have, how they looked, how inclined they were to talk to me when i didn't feel like talking to a stranger (though normally talking to strangers can be interesting when travelling), whether they smelled or whatever reason. However clearly other people feel differently even when they have only one more stop to go I found out on my journey from Luton back up to Birmingham today.
I guess i could say I exercise perhaps other types of rudeness, but only when I feel necessary. Though to be honest I wouldn't call it being rude, more direct, to the point. Ah what the hell, I love saying things that shock people... those awkward silences where the other person is stumped is secretly my drug. Not that mentally healthy I suppose but hey, who is? Like the other week my flatmates sat in the living room discussing how they think age gap relationships are wrong with more than a two year difference in front of me. It gave me great pleasure to stand there and say "My boyfriend's 23 on Tuesday" (I'm 18). Though I don't believe they really care too much about offending me, so it wasn't that awkward (unfortunately... I would have liked some awkwardness at least for calling my boyfriend a perv). But there you go.
As you can see, that's a perfectly justified reason for my directness. My friend Franco the other day said I do not respect authority as I will be just as direct with lecturers. But that's not true, I respect lecturers if they give me reason too, and behave like one. Besides the particular seminar tutor we was talking about is honestly a bit of an attention seeker, constantly telling us how rich he is, and how he loves to make fun of people. I'm sorry this person expects respect? I know after saying that you think my friend was right? I love to just make him know he's not the only person in the room. and to be honest, I think we now have some mutual respect for voicing opinions. (Additionally the rest of the class seems to be quite scared of him, perhaps someone talking back makes him more accessible?) Don't get me wrong though, I know still what he says, goes.
Anyways stop me before I rant on more. I'll save more for another day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a student currently at the University of Birmingham, my home town being Luton of which I still visit alot even though I'm at uni. As far as really about me, I'm quite outspoken and will always give you my honest opinion however this usually ends up with me putting my foot in my mouth. Honestly... if you find me mean I don't mean to be, I'm a softy really :P